Thursday, November 19, 2009

kabhi na beete chamkeele din

I wrote the below passage when still working at amdocs, i had just appeared for CAT 2008, and didnt know what was in store :-P...... 

"Dil chahta hain....kabhi na beete chamkeele din

Hum na rahein kabhi yaaron ke bin...."


Its a sunday evening...and here i am, trying to fathom why on earth the customers of my client arent able to get their minutes of usage this month....and i put on my headphones...sometimes music helps you in getting your thoughts in order...and shankar mahadevan started crooning the above words into my ears...An alarm went off in my head...i couldnt help but stop and stare blindly into my screen...I gave up with the problem...it didnt matter anyway...it was an extremely low priority issue and i could solve it with some help later on...I thought of doing something i enjoy....blogging...Its been months since my last post...and i was beginning to wonder wether i have lost the creativity, the imagination to go ahead and write another article. But here i am....on a Sunday evening...trying to give it another shot...


I have been reading quite a bit these days...I got hold of '3 Mistakes of my Life' chetan bhagats 3rd book...he he he...i thought "Mate, you've done 2 mistakes and we know about it...why make a third one!"...naah kidding...Bhagat's an awesome read...not so crazy about One Night at the Call Center but of course "5 Point..." is unbelievable. But you know what!?...ive got a friend who never stayed in a hostel and works in a call centre feels exactly the opposite. Relative scales of measurement at work...we like the books that we can relate to. By the way, I also read 'Joker in the Pack' its a story about a guy and his days in IIM Bangalore...Now, that is something i would like to relate to! ...maybe i will someday! who knows...it aint over until its over eh?!...The moot point is, when will that day come when we say "kabhi na beete chamkeele din"...well those chamkeele din seem to be past us all...but why?!!..why do i brood over the past and reminisce in the lost glory of years gone by!?...why cant the 'shaams jhoom' and the 'raats gaa' once more? :-)..can they?...Ofcourse they can, one has gotta make 'em. I have a dream...i pursue it with all my might...if i fail what the heck!...i gave it a shot!...i will enjoy the pursuit...i will make it the purpose of my life...life is too short to stop at signals...i need to keep moving on...Its a Sunday evening...and here i am...ready to move on...start a new week.


hoping that this will inspire me to give it a go...and you all...

hoping we'll take charge of our lives and give our best shot at acheiving our forgotten goals...

...ah! Thank God I had saved this :-D...Hopefully readers (and especially this years' CAT aspirants) can relate :-D

No comments: