Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Who's life do you want to live?

Recently I was lucky enough to see a video of a lecture by Kiran Bedi on leadership, and how we can, from a young age, inculcate in ourselves the qualities and the visionary abilities of a leader. She begins by talking about Destiny, and how it is a factor in deciding the course of our lives. She does actually put forth a very compelling argument, and one that I have believed in even before letting my thoughts be anchored by her views. Our birth into the families we were born into is definitely destiny at work. I am too, glad I was born to my parents, who made several sacrifices and indeed dedicated their whole lives to their children. So yeah, to some extent fortune does favour the brave and our deeds do decide our rewards, but no one can deny that the initial boost that one gets (or does not), is down to pure luck...or destiny. The real heroes are those who despite all the misgivings still triumph in life. Hats off to those who didnt have the kind of parents and family that I have been lucky to have, and hats off to those parents and families such as mine. As for me, I continue to thank my lucky stars.

No comments: