Friday, November 24, 2006

View of an interview....

Guys sorry for being so inactive of late....but the absense of articles is not without sound reason...i was caught up in the placement season, waiting to find out which company makes the mistake of hiring a guy like me...well, that company turned out to be the second largest IT company in India....Infosys...

The job selection process started with a written test...it had a section of pretty tough puzzles...these puzzles were ctually lifted from a book and since this has been the trend of the last few years....i went thru the trouble of going thru the book(Puzzles to Puzzle You-Shakuntala Devi)...little did know that some guys with whom i would be competing for the job had atually memorized the answers to the puzzles!!...so although i was at a disadvantage i managed to scrape thru...the next step was a HR interview, now this was my domain...it was fun that interview...enough fun for me to narate it...here goes...

I entered the room and the interviewer welcomed me..."So Saurabh...do you play cricket?!!"
Me, "I used to be a Batsman for my high school cricket team..."
Him, "oh thats bad...you could have made a good fast bowler!!...with your height!"
Me, "I am sure working for infosys will be as exciting"
Him, "Ha Ha!...sure sure...tell me...how good are you at maths...you have some pretty inpresive scores in the subject"
Me, "I am good enough to have gotten those scores sir..."
He was probably impressed with my ease at replying to his comments...he then asked me a couple of puzzles...and then proceeded to test my knowledge of world affairs...i was asked to comment on everything from Isreal-Lebanon, Iraq, Iran, Crude oil prices etc...i answered with confidence...then he also asked me to explain any one of Manmohan Singh's policies of 1990...after all this i was pretty confident that i would get thru the interview unscathed...
Him, "ok saurabh...you seem to be conversent with things happening around you...now can you tell me what you consider to be your greatest weakness?"
Me, "chocolate"
Him, "hey!..dont give me that...i get that a lot...i wont let you off so easy...tell me you real weakness"
Me, "ok sir..my real weakness is GOAN SEAFOOD!!"
Him, "Ha Ha Ha...i am sure you have another retort ready so i wont bother asking you again!!"
this proably clinched the job for me....and now i am into infosys...lets see how long the company lasts!!

No comments: